I have successfully unlocked the radio on my Chevy TrailBlazer with a clone GM Tech 2 scanner from China yesterday. Here I would like to share the procedure.
If you also like to unlock the radio, please complete the following procedure, using the Tech 2 scanner, in order to properly set up communication:
Connect Tech2 to the OBD port of the vehicle. When the screen of the tool illuminates, it means the tool hooks up with the car. Then you can start the process:
- Go to the main menu and select: Diagnostics.
- Select Vehicle Identification and then the following options:
– Model Year
– LD Trk, MPV, Incomplete
- At the System Selection Menu screen, select: Body
- At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following:
– Appropriate model
– Appropriate Air Conditioning
– Navigation Radio
- Select: Navigation Radio.
- Select: Special Functions.
- Select: VIN Relearn.
- Then you will get a message: “Do you want to clear radio theft information?”
- To begin clearing, press the soft touch key on the top right of the scan tool. The scan tool will display “Clearing Radio Theft in Progress.”
- Press EXIT on the scan tool and cycle the ignition.
Disconnect the Tech2 scanner from the car when finished.