Here is a step-by-step guide of configuring BMW ICOM Rheingold ISTA-D ISTA-P diagnostic & programming software on BMW ICOM A2+B+C diagnostic system.
BMW ICOM a2+b+c diagnostic tool with WIFI
ICOM Rheingold software HDD
As for BMW ICOM Rheingold software, we recommend 2015.1V Rheingold ISTA-D 3.47 ISTA-P 54.3 software HDD which performs more stable.
The configuration is based on Virtual Machine.
1. Open used for connection network adapter properties, then “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” properties, then enter 169.254.1.1 for “IP address” and 255.255.0.0 for “Subnet mask”
2. If VMware is installed, open Virtual Network Editor and disconnect from the host any adapters with Subnet address 169.254.0.0
3. Open C://EDIABAS/BIN/EDIABAS.INI with Notepad and check for “Port=6801” in TCP settings.
4. Set up ICOM A, ICOM B and ICOM C emulators, and connect BWM ICOM with vehicle and PC.
7. Go to “Operations” menu, the “Read Out Vehicle Data” and “Complete Identification”
8. Select ICOM connection from the list and press “Set up connection” button. The Rheingoldis detecting vehicle and vehicle identification is in progress.
Configuration is done. Start running software and diagnose/program BMW cars.