This help file basically includes 4 parts: Function, Operation, Attention, and Reference.
1. Add smart key: to add a smart key or program on all key lost;
2. Delete smart key: delete the already programmed smart key;
3. Read the CEM security data: dismantle & read CEM to backup security data (this is a must before programming);
4. Read the KVM security data: dismantle & read KVM to backup security data (this is a must before programming);
5. Key identification and unlocking: to detect whether the key is a new unused one. If the remote control is invalid after programming (on condition that the battery has been installed and the remote frequency is correct), try to import the CEM safety data to unlock the key and program again after unlocking.
Note: it can only unlock the CEM safety data of the vehicle or the corresponding vehicle
6. Module identification: identify the body CEM / KVM module status, please do this before all the operation, this function can ensure the module status, and distinguish between full-keyless / half-keyless. In addition, when the safety data backup is completed, and the module has been installed where it should be, please perform “module identification” again just in case and then proceed programming.
1. When programming Volvo 6-button keys, please be sure to dismantle&read the CEM and KVM first, as to their location and how to read, please refer to the “Operation” or “Reference”
2.First time to use the adapter, you need to bind it with OBD2 key Programmer K518ISE. Go to the K518ISE home page and choose “Settings -> Bind adapter”, following the direction to finish binding. One K518ISE host can bind up to 5 adapters, and the bound adapter can not be bound to other K518ISE hosts. Once bound, no need to bind again.
3. For the 6-button key, you need to dismantle & read the CEM in the co-pilot storage box,as well as the KVM in the right trunk to backup security data.
4.Connection between OBD2 key Programmer K518ISE host, adapter and RN-01 board :