Have an overview on Caterpillar Diagnostic Tool function:
1. Show “Logged Occasion Codes” to demonstrate engine more than speeds, Substantial temperatures, fuel consumption, etc.
2. View the present configuration of ECM and modify consumer settings
3. Perform diagnostic tests and calibrations, and calibrate
4. Electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic elements
5. Context sensitive helps prospects operator as a result of just about every activity Cat ET can perform
six. Information Logger and Data Log Viewer lets recording of ECM signals for delayed troubleshooting capability.
Functionalities show all operating conditions that cause high repair costs such as: over speeds, high temperatures, fuel consumption, transmission shift counts. This can provide awareness to change operator.
I appreciated that the status screen allows the viewing of real time parameters by either using a predefined group or creating a custom group. And can help dealer identify problems without visiting machine. I can perform all diagnostic and calibrations with it. It will not let you flash ecm’s.